- advertisement -

Endo appt today.......

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by dvane, Sep 22, 2008.

1. dvane

dvane Approved members

did not go as well as I had planned. Ethan's A1C went up from 6.8 to 7.5. She was fine with that # however, I was a bit disappointed that it went up that much for that matter at all. I knew he had been running a bit higher for a few weeks prior to our appointment but that is how it always goes for us. She made one basal change at night and said we are doing fine making our own adjustments when needed. Just an update. ;)

2. Gwyn

Gwyn Approved members

Sorry to hear of the higher A1C--even when it's still good, higher than last time is always a let down.

Sounds like the endo thinks you're right on track still though, so congrats on that. Love your avatar pic BTW--Ethan sure is a cutie!

3. cassie

cassie Approved members

Our endo says that for kids they see they are happy with anything in the 8-10 range. They also said that looking for a lower a1c would just be wishful thinking for most kids (Megan's was about 7.5 last week).

We aren't on a pump though so maybe it's different.