- advertisement -

Endo Appoinment tomorrow

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Apr 17, 2008.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Kelton and I both have an Endo appointment tomorrow, this afternoon we will be packing the truck to take the drive over to the Central Valley (200 miles away) and we will be spending the weekend over at our other house.

I just finished filling in both of our log spread sheets and have noticed that both of our numbers have gone wonky in the past few days. We are both on antibiotics for sinus infections, due to allergies. We had a good wet winter here in the desert and for the first time in a few years the desert is in full bloom with wildflowers..We are allergic to them :rolleyes:

I know antibiotics can play havoc on glucose numbers, however, Kelton and I have been able to keep them under pretty good control. But this morning both of our wake up numbers were wonky..Why is it that numbers can be beautiful for weeks and then when one knows that they are going to see the Endo, the numbers go wonky?

Anyway, we both will see what our A1c's are and talk about the OmniPod if the Endo wants Kelton on the pump..

Me, well I will stick to what I have been doing..

2. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Good luck on your appt, what a far drive, and I think everyone's allergies are acting up with this crazy weather we all have been having.. Hope you both are feeling better..

3. KeltonsMom

It is a far drive, but if we didn't have a house over there I would not have considered going to this Endo, but he is better than the one closer to me, our old Endo was a fruit loop :eek:

Kelton is feeling so much better, his sinus infection wasn't as bad as mine..I am just so thirsty all the time, and of course going to the bathroom all the time..But I too am feeling better.

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I love our Endo's office they are just so nice. I drive into the City which I hate but I will do it for this doctor..

Sinus infections are the worst, I know how you feel I am battling one now.

Let us know what the doctors says.

5. KeltonsMom

I am getting ready to leave here at 10 to go to the Endo..I have my notebook with questions written down to ask about everything...I will take notes during both appointments..

I have the log spreadsheets filled out..

I have the feeling I am forgetting something but I am unsure what that might be...:rolleyes:

6. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Dont worry, You' ll do great! and it will all work out!!!