advertisement

Encouraging card for children with type 2 diabetes

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 2' started by ibusse13, Jun 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ibusse13

ibusse13 Approved members

I am in the process of starting a non-profit organization called Boxes of Joy for Diabetics which sends care packages and encouraging homemade cards to diabetic kids. I have an eleven year old daughter type 1 diabetic who makes the cards. Right now we are mainly sending cards, but planning on sending boxes as finances make it possible. Originally it was for type 1 diabetic kids, but when I did research I couldn't really find support for type 2 diabetic which broke my heart. I am now changing it so that both type 1 and 2 diabetics who are struggling can receive cards and packages from our program. If any parents would like their type 2 diabetic to receive a card go to our Facebook page at www.boxesofjoy.com and let me know your child's name,age, address, and what their interests/likes are. If anyone has some crafty diabetics kids who would like to make cards for fellow type 2 diabetics let me know. I think it would be so special for type 2 diabetics to get a card from someone who is going through similar thing. You can mail cards to Boxes of Joy fo Diabetics PO Box 298 Antigo, WI 54409