- advertisement -

Ellen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zimbie45, May 8, 2006.

1. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Hi i noticeed on a the other post you said you have to use medco............we have to use medco health too.. I cant stand them.. I always have to call to have them resend the insulin's becaue they dont package them correctly and they are warm... they will send 3 moths supply of insulin with only 1 or 2 packs of ice ( even with it being 115 degrees her in the summer) ( i live in arizona).. then with anouther of my medications that is cheap and not life saving they will package it in a hugh box in a ice cooler and 7 packs of ice in it.. They cant seem to explain why... UGh they are sooo fruterating to deal with..

2. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

We have escalated this repeatedly with the insulin. At one point they agreed we could purchase the insulin locally but only during the summer months. When I said to them "define summer in south Florida" they had no response. We've thrown out insulin many times and made them resend it. They either put the insulin directly on the ice packs, or it gets here warm. I can't even imagine the temperature inside the UPS trucks down here. We always insist on overnight early morning delivery too.

I tried to get Lilly to give me guidelines re shipping temps, but they wouldn't. Have you tried ?

3. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

NO i havent called lilly yet, that is a great idea... I know the temps in fl are no better than here in arizona.. last summer they delivered it w/ two packs of ice on a day that was 120 degrees... they dont get it... I am sooo glad that now we are on the pump.. we only have to deal with the novalog and I had my endo prescrib it in pen from because its cheaper adn we get more smaller vials and dont have to throw out as much.. so now a 3 month supply will last me over 6+ months since charlzie is only 5 years old... and now as far as the lantus goes since we arre pumping i can pick it up locally.. sicne i dont need it so regularly...

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Hi,
    If you don't get an answer from Lilly, let me know. I have a neighbor who is a Lilly rep, I could see if he has any input.

5. AmyMcCracken

AmyMcCracken Approved members

Chandra

We just started pumping too and I asked about using the insulin from the 300 ml vials to load into the pump reservoir. The doctors office hadn't tried before but was afraid it would damage the seal. What pump do you use and does this work well. My daughter uses less than 15 units a day and we throw out alot too.

Thanks.