- advertisement -

Edgepark supplying Omnipods...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MissMadisonsMom, Apr 3, 2012.

1. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

I just got a call from Insulet letting me know that my insurance will no longer cover the pods through them and that I will have to get them through Edgepark supplies. Do any of you have experience good/bad with Edgepark? Not sure what spurred the change, but we've been getting pods through Insulet for 4 years now...

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We buy our Opsite tape through Edgepark and have never had an issue with them.

3. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

I just found out last week that we have to use EdgePark as well now for PODs. Our insurance changed the first of the year from Aetna to United. United doesn't have a contract with Insulet, therefore, they said we have to get them from now on thru EdgePark.
    I've read some pretty negative reviews on google about EdgePark, but several people on CWD said they've had no issue at all with them. If you scroll down a bit, you will find my post from last week.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  4. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

We've used Edgepark for two years and they have been great!

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

we use them for all our pumping supplies, we have never had a problem with them at all. We also get our dexcom from them.

6. Daniel's Mom 1993

Daniel's Mom 1993 Approved members

We use Edgepark and they have been fine, there is a rep for pumps...It was Erin 800-321-0591 X3410 she was very helpful in the beginning but that has been several years ago so I am not sure she is till there but I am sure they will work with you, the only trouble we had was getting the script from the dr to them, Vandy faxed it but they could not find it then we had to get them(dr) fill out a certain form but once that was done it has been very smooth.

7. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I get my pods from Edgepark, and they've been wonderful. My supplies are always on time; I have yet to have a problem with them..for any of the supplies I've used them for, for that matter. Good luck! :)

8. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

We get all our pump supplies through Edgepark and have been very happy with them.

9. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

DH's medical insurance requires us to get pods through Edgepark. We have not had to deal with them very much--which I view as a plus. I can access my account online and have set it up to automatically reorder. They always ask us to confirm the reorder--either by phone or online, which I don't mind.

Recently, they called about a reorder because we had not yet met our deductible (we switched to a high deductible plan) and our out of pocket cost would be higher. We were aware of that but I appreciated the personal communication.

No complaints here.

10. NeurosurgeryNP

NeurosurgeryNP Approved members

I get all of my strips and other supplies and have never had an issue.

11. jacobandhannah

jacobandhannah Approved members

We also got that call and we now have to get our supplies through Byram Healthcare. Insulet said it was something to do with their contracts with Blue Cross. So far so good with Byram. Hopefully it will continue.

12. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

Have been with edgepark since Cassie started pumping and only had one issue back in december around christmas time due to the insurance not paying till a certain day but it then wouldnt be able to ship till after the holiday. Got a little sketchy on test strips but not much they can do if the insurance is being jerks about paying. Other wise they have been great. If I dont confirm my order by a certain date they call me to confirm it. We get our strips, sites, dexcom sites, cartridges and batteries from them each month. As far as pump reps with them go they are awesome each state or group of states has their own rep so that the reps are not over loaded and then dexcom has its own rep as well.