- advertisement -

Edgepark - any other options in Alabama?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, Dec 22, 2012.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I'm not very happy with Edgepark right now. My insurance used to let me order J's Dexcom supplies from Dexcom. But they now require we get them from someplace that is located in Alabama, apparently.

Dexcom told me someone from Edgepark would call me in December. I waited until December 10th and decided to call them, because J's old warranty is now over and we need the new system.

Edgepark took my info and told me they would call back. I heard nothing for over a week, so called them again. They had my insurance info wrong but never called me to get it fixed, so I guess if I had kept waiting we never would have gotten a new Dex!

So they assured me they would call me before Friday. Want to guess how that turned out? Yep, no call. I called them today but of course they can't help me on Saturday and aren't open again until Wednesday.

Does anyone know of another supplier of Dexcom stuff in Alabama? I order his pump supplies from Advanced Insulin Management (and LOVE them!) but they don't carry CGM stuff.

2. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

I don't know an alternative, but use Edgepark also. They totally screwed up an order because the number of lancets in a box doesn't match the number of lancets used thing. I kept calling and finally got it straightened out. Once you get things the way they need to be they are pretty good, but you do need to check online regularly.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I would call Edgepark back on Wed. and ask to speak to someone in the sensor department. That has helped me get things straightened out fast before.

4. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

Sounds frustrating! I've used Edgepark for years and have always had good service. I do have to review the order each time because sometimes they pull up old items that we no longer use, but I would expect to check the order anyway.

5. kimmcannally

I'm pretty sure that is who I talked to before - they transferred me to the sensor department, who assured me I would get that call before Friday. I'll be calling them Wednesday, but I'll also be calling BCBS to see if there is another provider they will cover.

6. Kimby

Kimby Approved members

We had to switch this year too. I have one person that I talk to every time that I call Edgepark. She handled our Dexcom order and now she is helping us get the T-Slim by the end of year since we have met our maximum out of pocket. The pump didn't go out of warranty until the 18th, so it will be close. The doctor sent the order to Tandem instead of Edgepark. Tandem confirmed they will need to ship through Edgepark for our insurance and said it would be hard to get it processed by year end. My rep at Edgepark said she is ready and that if Tandem will fax the script, it should go through. I think it helps to have one person who has confirmed your insurance etc. If you want it, I can send you a pm with her name and number.

7. kimmcannally

Yes, please! I PM'd you too :)

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I hope everything works out for you. Edgepark has always gotten done what needed to be done for us. We have to use them for Dexcom, and hope to be able to use them for the tandem with our new insurance in the new year.

9. kimmcannally

So far, no joy. But I have heard from a Regional Sales Manager who is "taking over the case" and is calling me frequently with updates, so it's nice to know what is going on.
    The hold-up is at the doctors end right now - they are trying to get all the info the insurance needs to get the G4 approved.

This has really screwed us up long term, though. We had been getting a new system each December. Now it will be in January, which is DS's birthday month. The month he turns 19, All Kids will no longer cover him. So I could have had him a new system the month before he turns 19, but now it will not happen.

I have no idea how my DH's work insurance will cover this and co-pays they will charge.

10. Mish

Mish Approved members

I found Edgepark very slow in responding in December. I had to keep calling them to keep the ball moving. I felt like it would have been weeks longer if I waited for them.

11. WaltT

WaltT New Member

Edgepark alternative in Alabama

Hello Kimmcannally,
    I too am looking for a Dexcom provider in Alabama - one who accepts
    BCBS of Alabama. I too used Edgepark until the beginning of 2017 when
    They stopped working with BCBS of AL.