- advertisement -

Eclair Dessert low Carb

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by Brideyful, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Brideyful

Brideyful Approved members

Oh My Gosh...this is so good and super easy...and light tasting...The original recipe was by no means light...but I have made a few adjustments...I couldn't bear to take out the butter though...sorry...but I love this recipe for my type 1 6 year old.

Crust
    1 stick butter
    1cup water
    1 cup flour
    4 eggs

in a saucepan (don't use anything with teflon) add water and butter and bring up to boil, add flour and beat it in, then fully beat in eggs one at a time. Take this mixture and spread in the bottom of a greased 10x13 pan. Bake in the oven for 30 min @ 400 degrees. It will puff up and curl up around the edges of the pan. Cool completely (I put mine in the freezer for 20 min. This is the only bit that is baked.

Filling
    2 pkg instant vanilla pudding (I use sugarfree, fat free)
    3 cup milk (skim)
    1blk Naufactaul(?) cream cheese, softened

whipped cream ( I use Cool whip Free) Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup

Mix together milk and pudding, add softened cream cheese and mix throughly
    Tere should be no lumps of cream cheese I use my hand mixer
    Spread over crust. Top with whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup over the dessert.

This is really good even with the changes I made trying to lighten it...the chocolate syrup can be a little bitter so I would use a light hand when drizzling chocolate. SOOOOOOOO Yummmy!!! And Easy!

2. Brideyful

Brideyful Approved members

When I count the carbs on this I get...The whole dessert has 145 g carbs... I believe ...which if you divide this into 12 pieces is about 12 g per large piece...Which I think is really good for such awesome creamy goodness, this stuff tastes just like a cream puff...MMMM I am making it for dessert tonight and am going to try it with chocolate pudding...I'll let ya'll know if it is good like that too.

3. Lovemyboys

Lovemyboys Approved members

This looks great. I wonder if I could substitute coconut flour or soy flour?