advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easiest Leur lock at site detach infusion set.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Apr 28, 2012.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

We are now going to be untethered and my dd will have to attach and unattach herself for boluses at school because we only have a nurse twice aweek.

We currently use the Cleo, but it is not the easiest site to get on of off for a 7 year old.

We have the contact detach and rapid D, but do not think that untethered and the summer/heat/sunlight will be a good mix to no basal going thru to the tail.

My dd does not like the lokk of the inset, but I think it is the best option, but it has been awhile since I have looked around.

Is there any infusion sets with a low profile base and is easy one handed (7yr old) can do, even on the arms?

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Maybe Orbit 90 or Orbit Micros?

3. mocha

mocha Approved members

I have samples of the Orbits on their way. I'll let you know how they are. I'm specifically trying them for arm sites, so we'll see how easy they are. :cwds:

The insets are very easy to unclip one handed. I've used them for arm sites as well. The thing that's nice is there is no "upside down" for the part that clips in, so there's none of the rotation fumbling.

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Yes please let me know. Also could you also think about the the site when unclipped/untethered, i could not tell from the online demo if it is like the cleo and a post sticks up and could be caught on something.

5. mocha

mocha Approved members

I'll make my husband take pictures for better reference. :cwds: Do you want the Orbits and the Inset pictures?

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

that would be great, so I could see the size comparison. Thanks so much.

7. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I *love* Orbits.. I think they are hands down the easiest sets to reconnect.

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

How about when you are not connected, is there a cover for it?

9. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Ultra Flex!

10. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My son finds the insets very easy to detach.

11. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

that is an accu-check infusin set right ? I think edgepark carries that one, maybe I will order a box.

Are they self insert? or do you need an inserter?

12. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Honestly, I don't remember, since it's been a while since I've used them - plus I tend not to use the covers anyways unless I'm going somewhere that sand will be an issue. With the Orbit sites there's nowhere for sand to get stuck, so I wouldn't be worried about it with them :)

13. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

They're Roche, and either or, there is an injector(I always need on) but it's not a necessity, I'd still be using it if I could get an adapter for my Minimed Veo.