- advertisement -

Ear piercing and D...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MamaChrissa, Aug 12, 2008.

1. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

After months of begging, I brought J (and his twin sis) to get their ears pierced. All went well. (He says a site change hurts more!) I was just wondering what to look for. High BGs..low BGs...or nothing at all? Thanks!

Yup...Im a crazy..cool mama! LOL ;)

2. dbz2988

dbz2988 Approved members

We took Jr to get his ear pierced in March for his b-day and everything went well, no BG problems, no infections etc. He even had to take it out for every karate lesson... still no problems! :)

he had to wash it with special anti-bacterial soap and he had "H2-Ocean" spray that he would spray a couple times a day. I think that helped a lot too.

3. dorothy's_mom

dorothy's_mom Approved members

My daughter did really well. No infections with her ears. I did clear it through the Endo first, she just told me that Dorothy needed to be in the 100's for a couple of weeks and then her body would be able to handle the damage.

The numbers rose very little. Just make sure to clean the holes 2 times a day and especially after showers to clear out any soap that got into the holes.

She left the studs in for the 6 weeks and my dad took her out to get a "real" pair of earrings of white gold and diamonds. The holes tried to close up on us just with the quick switch out. However with the smaller earrings in, her ears adapted and she is switching out earrings left and right now.

Good Luck!

4. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

My son :cool: did well - no problems.

5. linda

linda Approved members

so funny , when i saw this, thought would be gurls...but more boyz lol...I wouldnt think it would effect bgs? Em has had biopsy..never effected...somone somewhere said watch for infection at site, but was just sore and no probs!