- advertisement -

DX anniversary

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TerpSteph, Mar 23, 2009.

1. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

Today is the first anniversary of Matt's diagnosis and I'm finding I have really mixed emotions. I'm really proud of how Matt has handled the diagnosis and he does a pretty good job of managing his BG.

On the downside, DH and I stopped to pick up Matt's test strip and Novolog prescriptions and we got the inevitable mix-up at the window while they tried to charge us for the strips (which are covered 100%) followed by a 20 minute wait while some bean-counter gives the OK to override their limit and fill the prescription as written by the endo. We've only been filling this particular script for 5 months now. You'd think that they could have fixed it the first time we ran into this. It was sort of a perfect metaphor for how diabetes is such an inconvenience. :(

2. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Congrats on a healthy year....:cwds:

It really is a day of mixed emotions isn't it.:(

That is too bad about the pharmacy - how frustrating - sometimes, I really wonder about the people that work there, I think that many of them have no common sense!

3. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Congrats ( I don't know if that is the right word ) on a healthy year. I hate it when the pharmacy can not seem to get it right.

4. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Thinking of all of you as you have reached the one year mark! ~~~Waves~~~ of all kinds of emotions... hugs to you all. :cwds::cwds: