- advertisement -

DW may have Hyperthyroid

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by T1Spouse&Proud, Sep 27, 2008.

1. T1Spouse&Proud

T1Spouse&Proud Approved members

Anyone have experience with T1 and Hyperthyroidism? Her Dr thinks this is why she is still 30 lbs heavier than her pre pregnancy weight, and she is still taking 37 units of lantus after weening of her steroids, plus a doubling of her rx for quinipril over the last month. So anyone have anything if this turns out to be the case for her?

2. T1Spouse&Proud

T1Spouse&Proud Approved members

Woops make that HYPO, not Hyper, anybody?

3. robbslilangel

robbslilangel New Member

If you get an answer, let me know. I have type 1 and have just about every symptom for hypothyroidism. I also cant shake off the baby weight from BOTH pregnancies and I have had to double my insulin regimin.

The problem with hypothyroidism is that the thyroid only acts up every once in a while and they have to catch it acting up. So even though I have all the signs my tests keep coming back in the normal range. My mom was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism and she has suffered with the symptoms for years (she is also a newly diagnosed type 2)

Also, if she finds a way to lose the weight let me know. I have tried everything. I am a healthy eater and I exercise regularly but I am not losing it.

4. natalie s

natalie s Approved members

I thought I was having problems with hypothyroid too after having my kids but of course the tests came back normal....I however went on Symlin right after i was done with breast feeding which lasted only a month and lost 30 pounds in 2 months...of course I watched what I ate and I excercised 6 days a week. My blood sugars were great too so you might want to try this. I find that it takes more effort to lose weight after having kids but also having diabetes makes it harder to lose it also. Natalie