- advertisement -

Dumbest comment of the week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by njswede, Apr 15, 2015.

1. njswede

njswede Approved members

We all hear idiotic things about T1D on a daily basis. I guess "this special woo diet can cure T1D" is the most common.

But this piece of work takes the cake:

Someone actually suggested to my wife that I had been unfaithful to her and "brought the diabetes virus into the house" because of that.

All I can do is to laugh out loudly at people's ignorance. I would have killed myself long ago if I actually cared about all the stupid comments people make.

And oh, I had the following conversation with someone a few days ago.

-You know, diabetes isn't that big a deal anymore. It's virtually cured.
    -Weeeeell, the treatment options are much better and it's perfectly manageable, but it's still a life-threatening and life-changing disease.
    -No, I'm serious. There are ways to take care of it. You know, technology and stuff. It's not a big deal. You'll see.
    -Eeeehhhmmm... OK, if you say so,...

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I suspect that you hear careless and incorrect comments about Type 1 far more often when you are first dx'd and have reason to be discussing the event and the change in your families life.

Once in a blue moon I will hear someone say something about, "diabetes" that is sloppy or Dr Oz like, but I think you'll find that it decreases over time.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

4. njswede

njswede Approved members

5. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

6. Carol99

Carol99 Approved members

excellent post, very informative. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us.