advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropped my baby at college!!

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by kim5798, Aug 25, 2016.

1. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

Well, we dropped off our baby at college this past weekend! So far so good:)
    She seems to be adjusting pretty well, had first classes, found ballet classes at 2 different studios & navigated the TRAX system with her roommate to get to the ballet class. I am so proud of her! A little scared, but overall feeling good. She texted this am & said she met another diabetic in her morning class. She said, "I went up to her & said, I'm sorry if this sounds weird, but I saw your dexcom. are you diabetic? ME TOO!" She said the girl lives in the dorm next door & is a freshman too.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Glad things are off to a good start!

Just back from dropping our's off as well :) They are keeping her so busy that she's been dropping basal rates right and left ;-)

3. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Oh my goodness! I can't believe Maddie is old enough to be in college! Congrats mama!

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Sweet of you to remember her ;-) Yes, she's 18 and already planning her semester abroad! Goes fast!

5. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

A week in...she has sprained her ankle & navigated student health services. Proud Momma here! Not thrilled that she did it, fooling around on a skateboard, lol, but glad overall that she got it checked out & handled the situation. Missing my girl this weekend;(