advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr Phil show today

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Becky Stevens mom, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Im watching the Dr Phil show now and its one of the most disturbing, sickening ones Ive ever seen. Ive been crying since I turned it on:( I dont understand and will never understand what could drive a person to treat their child this way. I so want to go to this womans house and hold him in my arms and take him home with me. I promise I would never hurt him and would love him. She is dispicable!!!!

http://drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/6062/?id=6062&showID=1545

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Why isn't he taken away from her? I think she needs to go to jail.

3. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

I won't even watch the video, just reading about it breaks my heart... I cannot watch anything that has any type of what may be child abuse (elder abuse, etc) in it. God bless this little boy. Some people can be so downright evil.

4. MyBoys'Mom

MyBoys'Mom Approved members

So did anything concrete happen at the end? Or did they just give her "suggestions" to try and that poor little boy will fall through society's cracks?

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Dr Phil said he was going to contact DCF and they were going to evaluate her and the situation to see if she could get help or if she should lose this boy. All I could think is, she should have given him back to the adoption agency instead of keeping him to torture him:mad::(

6. MyBoys'Mom

MyBoys'Mom Approved members

Well, hopefully DCF was waiting for them when they got home. Hopefully the system will work. I pray for the little boy!

7. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

I watched the video you posted,and read some of the commentary from her husband and her and decided that when the showed aired here I would avoid it. I hate watching things like this. Makes me so sad. I hope they take that little boy and place him with a stable loving family. The husband's comments about cold showers being used in the military...WHAT? Really? This is a little boy,NOT some "grunt" who didn't follow orders. I see a HUGE difference between discipline and torture!

8. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

I couldn't get the video to play, but I read enough to get the gist of it. I hope that he really does get CPS or whoever involved.

Sadly cases like this are really more common than one would think. We live in a very sin-sick world.:(

9. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Our local CPS wouldn't do anything about that situation. They would do an interview but they wouldn't remove the child. :(

Maybe with this case being so public CPS will get involved and be waiting for her when she arrives home.

10. emm142

emm142 Approved members

That's so horrible. :( How could anyone do that to a child?

11. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

People who are put on these shows are scripted, a friend of Mums was asked to be on his show once, she even was flown in, when she found out they didn't want "her" story, but to follow a script, she refused to do the show.

12. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Do you think this one is scripted ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM8Crp2VpRs

13. Emilyk1054

Emilyk1054 Approved members

How everyone in the audience was able to remain in their seat, and not rush this woman is beyond me. Let me at her for 5 minutes with a cold shower and hot sauce...

I havent felt anger like this in quite some time...

14. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Some are some are not. My mother was on a talk show years ago (forget the name) that was a very serious topic, NOT scripted. I had a friend who was on a totally different talk show years ago (COUGH MAURY COUGH) totally scripted and paid. I don't think this particular episode of Dr. Phil is scripted, but I could be wrong.