- advertisement -

Doing a saline trial as I type!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by PseudoJenn, Jul 2, 2009.

1. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

We did some pump training this afternoon and DH and I inserted the Silhouette sites into ourselves. It was weird pushing the needles into my skin, but really wasn't that bad at all. (I think we'll use EMLA cream for DS)
    I'm leaving it on for the weekend to see what it's like to wear the pump and sleep with it on, etc. DS had to watch everything as he's VERY curious and loves to watch the needles and stuff. lol
    Lots to learn for us!

2. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

We also found when first starting to try out a pump to get the feel of what are children have to live with.
    Good luck.

3. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

I also wore the pump for a week before my son was put on it. We have been pumping for 3 weeks! We still have some adjusting on basil rates but all in all we are loving pumping.

4. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

We are doing the Saline trial also! My husband and daughter wore it together at the same time. Then I get my husbands next and Loren's gets taken out. She has done so well with it! Makes me very excited

5. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

Very neat to hear others have done it!
    At first, I thought it'd just be DS doing the saline trial.. but it's a great idea to have the parents do it too. It was interesting to feel what it's like to have a site on 24hrs (I noticed it the first 1/2 hr.. now I don't even know it's there!) :)
    Also, it makes me more aware of where to place the site and the pump in fact for DS.
    I love the little reminder alarm on it to check BG at whatever time you've set. I always have a hard time at looking at the clock and remembering! :eek:

6. Gwyn

Gwyn Approved members

How exciting! Hope all goes well with the pump start!

7. Kent T

Kent T Approved members

I am doing saline trial with a new pump (Animas Ping) as I am pumping live with my Animas IR 1250. P.S. Today is my 3rd. Anniversary of pumping. I began live pumping on 7/3/2005 with that IR 1250. July 4th. week also celebrates new D freedom as well as US Independence. Pump on!