- advertisement -

Dog vs. CGM

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by doratheexplora, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

This was in reply to your post, HawkeyeGirl, before you removed it.

So much for killing the thread

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

was thinking the same thing!

3. KatieJane'smom

Darn, Kaylee's Mommy, why did you erase the post to SarahMaddie'sMom about how dare she assume to know what your concerns are and how rude she was to Toni? I thought it gave everyone a very clear picture of what we're dealing with.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Well, luckily you're still here to stick up for the PMing oppressed of CWD. :rolleyes: Seriously, it's so lame to claim that you're getting all these PMs, whether it's in support of your dubious claim that meter BGs are not "real time" or that CWD is meeeeeeeen. Again, PRIVATE message.

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

6. KatieJane'smom

Seriously, why have you become the posting police? Okay, I get that you think it's lame or politically incorrect or whatever. I really don't care as this is NOT what this thread is about. It's not a "claim" that I"m getting pm's it's a fact. I even had to empty my message box because it was at 100. It's also a fact that because of all the CWD bullies there has been a mass exodus to facebook and SO many wise people that refuse to post on here anymore. I guess you are just contributing to the deterioration of this site?

7. Toni

Toni Banned

Wellll,,, Becky. I guess it is safe to say that this particular dog will NOT alert.:D

8. Flutterby

Doesn't say anything about them being NOt being in real time. This was also way back on 02, meters have change... never heard of HemoCue, anyone else?

9. hawkeyegirl

You're the one who brought it up. You're the one who made the thread about this.

And now I'm just giggling about your 100 PMs.

10. KatieJane'smom

Umm...actually NO, I didn't bring it up - you did. Sorry, if you're jealous;)

11. Flutterby

A lot of people have moved onto facebook.. this forum was NOT like this in 06, when I joined, it wasn't like this for years. The for some reason, it changed. People can't have an adult coversation. Its really funny that those that say cwd is mean, has changed cwd themselves.. Believe it or not, I get PM's too, and peope telling me the reasons why they have left. Normally, I don't keep going in a thread, once people start arguing I leave, its not worth it.. but when something false is stated, I just can't let false information go.. its to important.

and I've had to empty my box twice.:rolleyes:

12. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

So what's the verdict: lower A1c with a dog or CGM??? 'Cause that was the original question.

13. hawkeyegirl

That would be you. Bringing up the meanies. And the PMs. Well, it was only one then, but now it's 100. ;)

14. Flutterby

honestly because I thought it was from you, I scrolled down and thought it was from you, I miss read it and after I posted it and realized I had miss read it, I removed it.

and I haven't replied to Toni's post because it doesn't need a reply.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  15. Toni

Toni Banned

Katies Mom, I started a new thread "What service dogs can do" so as to separate the alert dogs from comparison to cgms, and the topic of the post dogs VS cgms is probably what riles a lot of people. Also posted about the free service dogs, Hearing and Service Dogs of Minnesota. And I would urge people who are not interested in the dogs, and not put in the position of defending their cgms VERSUS the dogs, to let the alert dog posters and people interested in these dogs ask questions and have them answered. The title of the post "dogs VS cgms" is the problem. This does not have to be either/or.

16. KatieJane'smom

So...if it was from me then you are automatically mad and offended by it but if it was from someone else then you agree with it? Interesting!

17. KatieJane'smom

Actually, I was only referring to one particularly irritating person and it had nothing to do with "meanies" I'm not the one who said that word - you did.

Yes, since you all have nothing better to do than pick apart every single word anyone says, this was referring to a pm from one person. The 100 was referring to my pm box NOT how many people left this thread. If you are going to be such a picky editor then maybe you should hone your reading skills.

18. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

19. Flutterby

No, I MISS READ IT, and thought it was from you.. AFTER I posted I reread it, realized what it was saying, and realized it WASN'T from you. Don't put words in my mouth or think you know what I'm about.

I'm hear to get information. I'm still seeking that information. Just because its about alert dogs, doesn't mean its your thread, and you can do and say what you want.

20. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

You know, I've never tried horse, but I'd sample a bit of the one that's been beaten to death here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.