- advertisement -

Does your CWD feel when they are high ?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Bahama-mama, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Bahama-mama

Bahama-mama Approved members

DD does not feel when she is high even "HI"s and I hate that because she has no clue how high she is until she test.
    She can feel her lows which is great, but I just wish she could feel her highs.
    Anyone else ?

2. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

My DS says he does not feel any different when he is high... our "high" is 240 - 300, he really hasnt been higher than that since dx. And, unfortunately, we have been dealing with an ENTIRE day of 200's...which will not seem to go away:( Like your daughter, he does feel his lows.

3. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Nope, can't feel highs -even over 700 and rarely feels lows.

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Not usually when I'm high unless I've been there long enough to get really thirsty or get ketones, but I often catch highs before that happens.

I can always tell when I have ketones though.. the headache/nausea I get are unmistakable.. but that can happen without a high.

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Kaylee can't tell how high she is, but she knows she's high when she's thirsty, as soon as she heads towards the 200 mark she starts to get thirsty.

6. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

My son can't tell when he is highish...but I can by the way he acts. :eek::rolleyes:

7. caspi

caspi Approved members

Cameron can feel his lows (thank God!) but had never been able to sense a high at all. And we're going on 4 years....

8. caspi

caspi Approved members

Wow, 700! She's been over 700 post dx? Just wondering how you know she's over 700? I know our meter only registers to 500. :confused:

9. januaryblue

januaryblue Approved members

Sammie told me yesterday that when she's lower she feels nice and when her sugars are high she doesn't feel nice.

She is a beast when her sugars are high, she's emotional and unconsolable and "everyone hates her." We've not dealt much with lows yet.

10. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

matt doesnt feel his highs...Thankfully, he feels the lows. He also will get sick if ketones are there. He also hates the CGM... so I cant use that... he is a sneaky snacker... meaning, he just feels he is a regular little boy and forgets to bolus.

11. shekov

shekov Approved members

DD doesn't feel highs either. :(

She'll be thirsty and need to pee more frequently. Those are my first clues.

She'll sometimes say she feels hungry like when she's low.

We just test ALOT.

12. Seansmommy

Seansmommy Approved members

Seans stomach hurts if he is high but everyone in our house knows he is high before he does. Sean gets very emotional and as a previous poster said " everyone hates me" when he is high. All you hear is Sean test your bg! Lows he feels.

13. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

No, my son does not feel when he's high, but I see it from how he acts - annoyed at every little thing (not an aggressive type of annoyance, more like a whiny type), he wants water a lot or he's just not very active. Sometimes he gets white circles around the eyes and has a pale look to him.

14. KatieB

KatieB Approved members

This might sound odd, but Richard *can* tell me sometimes when he's high -- he usually describes it as feeling "hot". It's not every time, but it seems to correspond with numbers over 250-300. He feels most of his lows, too.

15. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

If I stay high for a long time (hours) then I get dehydrated and woozy feeling. And when I get dehydrated I get: a dry mouth, headache, exhausted feeling.

16. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

I don't know if Kayla knows she is high.. but I can tell she is at least in the 200's when she drinks a ton. She normally doesn't drink a whole lot. But when she is high she can down a powerade zero in no time.

17. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

Tim feels them most of the time. Anything in the 230-250 he starts to feel lousy.

18. wildemoose

wildemoose Approved members

If I've had a few days of really good control, I can feel it when I start to get up into the 180+ range. It's helpful for situations like the other day when I tested at 275 but felt fine, was about to correct, and then remembered I had been cleaning up spilled juice with paper towels. I washed my hands and re-tested at 170. If I didn't usually feel highs I would probably have trusted that number and ended up with a wicked low.

19. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I don't feel lows, ever really. Any high over 160 and I begin to feel really, really bad. In my experience, highs are really horrible. I'm surprised that so few people feel them.

20. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

My daughter says she can't feel when she's high, but I don't know if she really doesn't feel it, or if she can't recognize it. I sure can, though.