- advertisement -

Does your Animas Ping 'vibrate' for no reason

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

My younger son's Animas pump has he says 'buzzed' four times then goes beep beep. I see nothing on the alarm history. THank goodness I just got a replacement today for his pump because his enter button is going out.

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I finally got Call for Service no delivery alarm on the screen. Called support and they said it needed a self check of some sort. They had me remove the battery and go through reload process to see if it would 'boot up'. Luckly, I received a replacement Ping today because of button problems we were having. I just switched over to the new pump.

3. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

This just happened to us. When I removed the battery the pump dropped the time and date. The rep said they needed to replace the pump. Then it happened again about a month later with the new pump but removing the battery that time worked.

4. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

We have not had that happen.

Once the meter was laying downstairs on the table and it buzzed while Melissa was upstairs. She was showering at the time so she was detached from the pump. Animas sent out a replacement.

One other time the battery died while I was editing the basal. Once we removed the battery and put in a new one, the pump "froze" up and kept alarming over and over again. Once again Animas sent out a replacement promptly.

They have fantastic customer service.

5. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

I have blown up our Dexcom with static electricity. I am wondering if small static shocks can affect our equipment in these quirky ways? I know power surges like static shocks can mess up the computer, so why not?

TRACY

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I feel the pump has not been working correctly for many weeks now. I kept blaming the Humalog and the new Apidra (although old diabetic son was not having issues). The piston rod appears to have failed. Nancy had a similar issue. Everything back to old normal rates on new replacement pump and working well.