- advertisement -

Does medtronic bill your insurance for skin prep?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kaylas mom, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Just wondering, this is our 4th order with them for Kayla's pump supplies and I noticed on the EOB that they didn't have the skin prep on there and I looked and saw it was billed to our debit card for the full price. I don't remember that the last 3 times.

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Our insurance doesn't cover preps/wipes. When we were ordering direct from Animas, they would give us a discount and then bill our alternate form of payment (ie. not insurance, but us).

I have to laugh because our insurance said they don't cover anything disposable. I had to bite my tongue from saying all pump supplies are disposable.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Yeah, our insurance doesn't cover them either.

4. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Our insurance doesn't cover tapes or preps, either. We had one health insurance, an HMO, that did cover tapes and preps, I miss that company.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

On second thought, I think our insurance does cover Preps, like IV Prep and Skin Prep. But they don't cover tape or things like SkinTac.

6. 4MyBoys

4MyBoys Approved members

Yes, and they pay for it.