- advertisement -

Does BG stablize as an adult?

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by ashtensmom, Jan 9, 2012.

1. blufickle

blufickle Approved members

I was diagnosed in 1965 at the age of 5. My parents didn't know too much about diabetics. But they learned. They didn't treat me any differently than my sister. The elementary school I went to weighed out my lunch and gave me the diabetic fruit and desserts. I was also given a snack with the school secretary. At the age of 9 I was given total and complete control of my diabetes. I had spent 2 summers at a diabetic camp so my parents figured I was ready to be given control. They no longer checked my urine strips (back then we didn't have blood sugar meters) nor did they check to make sure I was filling the syringe to the correct amount.

I think that as long as you try to keep your A1C below 7.5, that is what counts. That is the important thing. Not the day to day blood sugar reading.

And since you have a daughter, that is going to add a few more problems to the blood sugar issues. Hormones are a BIG problem. Pregnancy and later in life menopause are not fun in general, but with diabetics the blood sugars can go all over the place.