- advertisement -

Does anyone else seem to go to one appt. after another

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by chkpea, Apr 27, 2010.

1. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

honest to goodness I don't understand it. Both children seem to have an appt a week for one thing or another. For James we are investigating enlarged adnoids - cold after cold after cold. And he also has speech therapy once a week. And for our other son, we are going to be having a ped. assessment done to see what is up with him. He has real learning issues at school. I know in the whole great scheme of things these are minor things but it does seem that all we do is going to see dr's or other special services. This phase we are going through will hopefully pass...

2. Steff

Steff Approved members

Most days I feel like a shuttle bus driver who never gets paid. My 7 year old goes to 2 hours of speech, 1 hour of OT, & 1 hour of PT a week and my 9 year old goes to a Psychiatrist and a behavior therapist every other week. My 2 older boys go to a school that is 30 min away (not our home school so I have to take them/pick them up) and my 3 year old goes to a preschool 10 min away from the older boys. Add in extra stuff at school, or (my worst nightmare) a sporting activity and I pretty much live in my mini van. I usually don't mind but we live in Phoenix and it is starting to get crazy hot again. I'm sure one day when the boys are all grown I will miss it.

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I seriously think I've overdrawn our appointments quota for the year. March was the worst, but it's been one thing after another since late Nov. of last year. You should've seen my calendar.:rolleyes:
    I don't stress well either.:eek:

4. chammond

chammond Approved members

November through January was like that for us. Logan had an ear infection that wouldn't clear up, colds, owen's asthma. We were at the dr. at least once a week, not to mention them calling in rx's that they felt would help later. We have to drive 40 miles one way to the nearest pharmacy, and the doctor. So glad it got better, it was getting really expensive! Hopefully you will eventually get some relief.:)

5. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Yes, I can't even keep track of half the stuff anymore. Throw in the middle son's sports and practices and the youngest ones track each week and I am never home (okay, besides today, which is why I brought up a post from two days ago)

6. tresmom

tresmom Approved members

I feel your pain. I swear all I have done is juggle appointments lately. 2 kids with type 1, Megan just dx with celiac, Christina having to have thyroids checked, and mama trying to squeeze in OB appts. Yes, I get ya. I am hoping things slow down, but I have just gotten to consider this a full time job. When I think about it that way I don't get quite so overwhelmed. Of course, I don't know how working mothers do it all.

7. Sunni

Sunni Approved members

Yes every since getting sick in late October last year it seems like I go to 2 or more doctors appointments each week, and the doctors still are trying to figure out whats wrong.

8. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

oh absolutely, every week it was doctors for amrbea and my dad, dentist ortho, orthopedics, physical therapist, chiropractor, and diabetes endo, and we haven't even seen the pediatrician this year...that will be next for annual camp physical.

I feel your pain!