- advertisement -

Do you use the integrated CGM with mm Revel?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KyleBugsMom, Dec 30, 2011.

1. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

What is your experience? How is the insertion? Any thoughts in using it with a skinny (though very tall) 5-year old? I've heard great things about Dexcom but very little about the CGM that works with the latest mm Revel.

Thanks!

2. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

We have excellent accuracy with MM CGM. We use EMLA, and occasionally we have one that hurts a little, but generally she doesn't feel a thing during insertions.

There are people here that use MM CGM's with very young children, so a skinny 5 yr old shouldn't be a problem. My daughter had just turned 7 when we started with the CGM, and was very skinny, and we made it work just fine. We mostly use her tush (we used her legs for a short time when we were having some skin issues) and are very careful about rotating. It is certainly nice as she's growing to have a little more real estate to work with;)

A key benefit for us with MM is the integration. All the data is in one place, and the pump is attached to her at all times so it can't be lost:)

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I agree with the previous poster's comments. I have a very skinny 12 year old, and the only place we can put the sensors are in her tush. She says they hurt more than the Silhouettes, but I don't see the tears we saw with Lantus.

We just had a few weeks of frustration with lost contact and warm-ups, but a new transmitter has solved that.:D We also got the separate CGM unit to make it louder at nighttime, on the advice of others on the forum.

Having the data altogether is really nice. My daughter also didn't want an extra device to carry.

4. Style mom

Style mom Approved members

Yes, we have used the MM sensors since my son was 4 years old. We use numbing creme for insertion, and it's a non-issue. We have good accuracy and wouldn't go without it at this point.

5. KHM

KHM Approved members

My daughter has been using the Revel w/CGM for over a year. She's very thin but we manage sensor insertions very well in her tush, no numbing. I'vve even done them as she slept. The performance is excellent.

Good luck as you gather info for your decision!

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

The CGM that works with the Revel is exactly the same as the CGM which works with the Guardian and the CGM which works with the X22 pumps.

I use it with the 522, and I've had a lot of success with it. It's accurate the majority of the time, and almost every sensor lasts for seven days. I can insert the sensors into my thighs and upper arms with good results. I don't have a huge amount of fat - I'm a 19 year old on the low end of normal weight. Honestly, it's made such a huge difference in my D management - even more so than the pump.