- advertisement -

Do you pump and use CGM?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ashtensmom, Jun 26, 2011.

1. ashtensmom

ashtensmom Approved members

Just curious. Do most people who use the pump also use a CGM? is there a poll on this topic. I would be interested to know the % of people who does both, and % of those who only does one or the other.

2. happyearthgirl

happyearthgirl Approved members

We have both but don't always use the cgm. Our son has limited space on his little body so we use the cgm when we are traveling and during school.

3. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

We do both. J and I both love his pump and his CGM.

I asked him about getting the animas Vibe when it comes to the U.S. but he loves his remote (Ping) too much to give it up and would rather stick with wearing the Dex receiver and the Pump instead of just a pump that has no remote.

4. manda81

manda81 Approved members

We pump, but don't have a CGM. I'd love to have it, but financially, we just can't swing the expense. :(

5. Jakethesnakesmom

Jakethesnakesmom Approved members

My son started pumping in 12-10 with MM-Revel, but we don't use a CGM. We're not in a hurry to get one at this point - I'm not sure where he'd be comfortable having another site on his lean body! We're also fairly comfortable with the fact he seems to be very aware of any low BG's (that would definitely be a factor!).

Stephanie, Mom of Jacob, age 9
    Dx since 2005

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I would guess that the vast majority of pumpers do not use CGM. Probably the majority of pumpers on CWD don't use CGM, and CWD is not an accurate representation of most people with diabetes.

ETA: To answer your actual question, I use pump and CGMS (Medtronic for both).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  7. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

My daughter uses both a insulin pump and a CGMS monitor.

8. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Presently Pump only..

Previously used pump and cgms..

Who knows what the future holds;)

9. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

Pump with Cozmo (Ya i know...old school...one year left)

Part time CGM with MM Guardian. (We use it for school, vacations, and basketball season)

10. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Yeah, you can't get an accurate idea from here. We're the ppl who read about D every day.
    DD used mm pump and cgm and the gardian.

11. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

Pump only.

12. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

We use pump and CGM.

I believe pump tech pre-dates CGM tech, and if only for that reason I think more people have the pump with out the CGM than otherwise. It takes awhile for endos and consumers to warm up to a new product.

We would give up our pump before we gave up the CGM. The pump makes our life smoother. But the CGM makes her life safer. :)

13. ashleesmommy

ashleesmommy Approved members

We do both.

14. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

My son uses The Navigator CGM and has no interest in a pump unless or until it is implanted. My daughter has used several pumps and now uses an Omnipod pump and Dexcom CGM, and I would have a hard time deciding which one is more important, but likely would give up the pump before the CGM. Not sure if she would agree though, but CGM lets me sleep well at night knowing that she is okay.

15. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

yup, we pump and use a cgms.

16. Kayeecee

Kayeecee Approved members

Pump + CGM (see sig). Would give up pump before CGM.

17. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Both girls have pumps and CGMS, the latter for about a year and a half. Couldn't imagine going back now!

18. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Pump for sure, CGMS when I can afford it, not often at all. My pump has a CGMS, plus I have a guardian

19. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

My son got the pump first, adapted to that and learned what needed to be learned. Then we added CGM about 6 months later. He always uses pump but does take brief CGM breaks. I'd say he finds both equally useful for differing reasons.

20. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Just pump. DD doesn't want "one more thing" sticking into her at this point. She tests like crazy, though.