- advertisement -

Do you have a blog?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mistyz, Jan 20, 2012.

1. mistyz

mistyz Approved members

I was wondering if you have a blog related to Diabetes...if you could post your site address. I would love to check them out. :) Thanks!

2. 22jules

22jules Approved members

My daughter with type 1 wrote a blog this summer--taking a break since she is super busy with school and sports but if you want you could read her old posts.

www.meplusduntilc.blogspot.com

3. Gsmama

Gsmama Approved members

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I blog with another 19 year old type 1 at www.sugarrollercoaster.blogspot.com. We had a blog together a couple of years back, and we only got restarted a couple of weeks ago. :)

5. Arctic Stamp Queen

Arctic Stamp Queen Approved members

I do

We were just diagnosed two weeks ago, but I started a blog as a way of journaling this major life change for us and it has been SO cathartic for me. It has also been a way of educating and sharing with my extended family as we live remotely and they are not close by.

The link is in my signature below.

6. MommaKat

MommaKat Approved members

Mine isn't just related to diabetes - it's a catch all for our crazy, chaotic lives, which definitely includes life with T1 these last eleven months. The links in my sig now, too. :) On the right hand side of my blog, there's a list of links to other, much (much) bigger, diabetes bloggers.

7. destea1

destea1 Approved members

I literally just started one yesterday... it's not going to get super D-technical, just a place to vent, share small victories and day to day small stuff :)

http://shotsforsugars.blogspot.com

8. joshualevy

joshualevy Approved members

I've got two. They are pretty specific.

The first is about research aimed at curing Type-1 diabetes which is being tested in people now:
    http://cureresearch4type1diabetes.blogspot.com

The second is just a list of news about type-1 cures for mice and other animals:
    http://t1dcuredinmice.blogspot.com/

The rest of this is about the first blog:

In general I only follow research which might lead to a cure for type-1 diabetes. There is lots of research into better insulin and treatments for various side effects, and lots of people follow that research, but I choose to focus just on a cure. Also, I only follow research which is being tested on people right now (called "clinical trials"), or is expected to be in the next year or two. So I don't cover animal research.

These restrictions mean that I'm usually only following 15 to 25 lines of research at any given time, so I can keep pretty good track of them all. I also (occasionally, and as time permits) write up longer summaries of research issues in type-1 diabetes.

For the research that I cover, I try not to be a "news clipping service". I try not to just copy a press release or news article (especially not the shallow ones that are just rephrased press releases themselves!) I view all press releases and most news articles (including blogs articles, and forum posts, etc.) as having three huge flaws. First, they only include good news; only what the researchers want you to know. Second they only include information on one treatment; the one that group of researchers are working on. And third, they have no historical context to the news they report.

So in my blog, for each piece of news I report, I try to include these things:
    • Both the good and the bad points
    • A realistic guess at how long it will take to finish testing and become available.
    • Comparisons with other lines of research.
    • Historical context of the line of research.
    • Links where you can learn more details, if you want to.

Joshua Levy

9. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

blog

I have a blog that I sometimes blog about diabetes but also blog about health and wellness and weight loss

My daughter and I are both type 1's

www.lifeoffthedlist.com

The D stands for everything from diabetes and dieting to dating and depression;)

10. azdrews

azdrews Approved members

I have one! The link is below. :)

11. Kimby

Kimby Approved members

12. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 Approved members

I've been D-blogging for a few years, and general blogging and sharing online for the past decade or so. Mine is listed below in my signature.

When I started, I was looking for people my own age (mid-20s then) who were experiencing the same types of things. I had a narrow view of what I was looking for. But over time, I've been amazed at how much perspective and depth other blogs, particularly those of D-parents, have added to my life. And overall, just what I think. They've shaped me and I'm so grateful for that.

Hope you find some great blogs to find what you're looking for!