- advertisement -

Do they not make the Accu-Chek Multiclix anymore?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I still have a ton of cartridges for the Accu-Chek Multiclix. Emma's is wearing out - the thing won't latch half the time you push the button.

But I can't seem to find one anymore - except for about $90 on Amazon.
    There is a FastClix but the drums look different.

Did it get discontinued and I just didn't know?

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

No.. It was superceded by the Fastclix.. which takes different barrels..:frown:

3. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

They were discontinued. You can still buy them in some other countries though. I bought a bunch in Israel last time I was there. They are by far my favorite lancet device and I will be super sad when I have to switch to something else. Happy to send you 1 or 2 if Emma doesn't want to switch to the fastclix. Just PM me :)

ETA: If you call Accu chek I am guessing they will send you a few fast clix devices and probably switch out your multi clix drums. They were very understanding and willing to work with me when I called to complain about this issue.

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We have one left, numbers are worn off! But, have a gazillion drums still left. They were discontinued, replaced by the Fastclix, which of course, takes different barrels. We've added the Fast into the rotation, but I don't like how easily the setting dial moves. I told my daughter to try and remember to look at it before using so she doesn't get any surprises.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

yes it is discontinued, it is the only one I like my youngest using. My oldest has moved to Genteel for palm testing. I'll take the barrels if anyone moves over to another brand!

6. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Add me to the group. My Multiclix devices started breaking one by one. I called Roche and they sent me three Fastclix devices and 200 of the Fastclix lancets, but I still have about 900 Multiclix lancets. Digging through all of my old supplies I found one remaining functioning Multiclix device I've been savoring. I'm trying to remember to change my lancets more often to use up some of these drums before I break this device too!

7. momto4gr8kids

momto4gr8kids Approved members

If anyone decides to switch over to the Fast-clix and wants some drums... I have four unopened boxes that need a new home. We switched to One Touch at the beginning of the year and have no use for them anymore. I would be happy to send them to someone that can use them :)

8. Beach bum

Struck gold yesterday! LOL, found an old kit and in it were not one but two Multi-clix :)

9. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

That's better than finding money doing the laundry! :)

10. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Haha I did today! I had in my oldest "disaster kit" a ping remote and a brand new Multiclix! Its all grainy and has all its numbers, not smooth and no number

11. Beach bum

I'm not a fan of the new Fastclix. I'm finding it's to easy to move the setting dial. Glad I found the other two. And yes, it's better than finding money in the laundry!