- advertisement -

Do no harm

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by mom2Hanna, Feb 1, 2013.

1. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Watched the pilot episode. Realized I've been doing it wrong. Next time my daughter is over 300, I'll tackle her , scream YOU'RE HYPERGLYCEMIC! And inject her with insulin immediately which should just make her sleep for about 10 hours. Who knew! ;)

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

The commercials for the show looked dumb, but I like the actor from his work on Rescue Me so I tuned in for 5 minutes to check it out. It just happened to be during this scene and I agree, it was very silly. They also injected him with 20 units of insulin as a correction for a 300. :eek:

I also was wondering about the BG machine they used where he just stuck his finger in it, a light blinked and they read his BG. Where can I get one of those? :cwds:

3. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

Hmmm, that was...interesting.

4. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

i know i shouldn't laugh, but i can't help it. I haven't see the episode but i've heard other talking about it. Makes me want to see it now.

5. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

I definitely want the blinking machine also!

6. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

a machine that can read the blood sugar without a lancet...sign us up

7. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

I just read it's been cancelled after the second episode. :p There's always Body of Proof on ABC to judge D portrayal.

I should add that actress really does have Type 1 so it's leagues ahead of Do No Harm.

8. CrystalLee1003

CrystalLee1003 Approved members

I watched it and thought they said Hypoglycemic and then dosed with insulin. LOL I hate when movies use the wrong terms of diabetes. Might need to have my ears checked! I loved the show. Did they really cancel it after the second episode? darn....:confused: