- advertisement -

disneyland trip

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by jbmom1b2g, Apr 9, 2012.

1. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

So me and my girls are going to DL end of June. Taylor is now on the pump. What rides should we disconnect her pump from. We have read to take it off and leave it off the rides on roller coasters. I have also talked to older people who are on the pump and they dont disconect for anything. Some will suspend it but leave it on.
    TIA

2. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

We go all the time and have never done anything different while in the park.

3. azdrews

azdrews Approved members

We were just at Disneyland for Spring Break and didn't do anything different. We've been to D-land with both our Animas pump and Omnipod and the only thing we had issues with were some lows due to all of the walking - Adam is 5 and walking all day brought his BG down a bit. But that was fixed with a little cotton candy or Mickey Mouse ice cream. :) He rode a few roller coasters and his pump was fine!

4. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

We were in Disney is September, we didn't disconnect for any of the rides and he went on everything with no problems. Some even disconnect for take off and landing on the plane. We didn't do that either and didn't notice a problem. Have fun :)

5. NeurosurgeryNP

NeurosurgeryNP Approved members

I have done Disney and other theme parks with roller coasters. I have never disconnected, just made sure my pump was deep in my pocket as to make sure it didn't drop out during the upside down parts. I try not to put my site in my arms or top of the thighs these days to make sure it won't get jostled with the movements. For the water rides, I put it in a small freezer zip lock bag and rolled it over itself to make it as splash proof as possible. No issues at all, even with the drenching water rides and my Medtronic pump.

6. rutgers1

rutgers1 Approved members

Matt never took his off. We had some issues in the airplane, but other than that, nothing every bothered him in the theme park.

Enjoy Disney! We go to the Florida park all the time and will be making a California trip in the summer of 2013.

7. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

The Ping user's manual says to remove it and keep it from magnetic induction rides. The only MI ride at Disneyland is California Screamin' at California Adventure. (WDW's Rock'n'Rollercoaster uses MI for the launch.) MI is used on most rides that have a "0-60" type launch, unlike old-fashioned rollercoasters that take you up a big hill before letting gravity take over.

You'd actually have to have someone sit out the ride and hold onto the pump to keep the magnet from causing problems to the pump.

8. juliesmom

juliesmom Approved members

We disconnect for California Screamin and Tower of Terror. ToT has the sudden drop so I just put her pump in my bag right before getting on and hook right back up after.
    My DD has lower bgs at night and in AM from all the activity during the day, you might want to do a 2am check.
    Have fun!

9. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I called Animas a while back and if I recall there was a blurb on their phone system about going on rides. They stand firmly by the take the pump off guidelines. We did take the pump off for California Screamin' because there was no way you were getting me on that ride! So I offered to hold it. We are of the take off and hold it school, but we've always had someone willing to stay off a ride so it was never an issue.

10. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

we will definitly have to do a ride share for screamin cause my youngest is to small for that ride. What about space mountain? The 3 I was worried about was screamin, ToT, and space mountain. DH wants me to dicounect for the wet rides but I told him we would be fine for that one.

11. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

Space Mountain and Tower of Terror (at either park) do not use Magnetic Induction.

Only California Screamin' at DCA uses MI for the launch.