- advertisement -

Disney changes the guest assistance pass.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sammysmom, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Mish

Mish Approved members

Right, and this is an important thing to say - because it's going to add another level of ease for people to sit at their computer, or on their phone, and actually schedule ride times. I cannot wait for this. Cannot.wait.

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

What I understand is :
    1) the families of people with autism have, over the years, been very verbal about getting their childrens' needs met. Rightfully so. Autism is a very misunderstood and very vast disease, and their advocacy groups have been very instrumental in getting organizations, like Disney, to understand why it's necessary to accommodate their needs.
    2) At the same time, the same folks understand that a disease like Autism is broad and hard to diagnose and can often overlap very normal childhood behaviors, which makes it a perfect disease for abuse in a park like Disney, so they were very willing to work with Disney on accommodations that actually would HELP people with autism, not hurt them.

As for the rest, seriously, Disney is a type A person's paradise. LOL. You can plan till your hearts content.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Just got an email from a friend to join the petition to boycott Disney:rolleyes:

4. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

I think everyone should boycott Disney. Shorter lines all around for me then :D

5. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

You and my husband both. Me - not so much. I like fast pass, but trying to ascertain 60 days in advance not only which park we will be at which day, but also exactly when we want to ride a ride is just too much planning for me. I don't even like picking the restaurants 60 days in advance because that commits me to a park! Our next trip (not until June of next year) is just a one/two day'er so it won't be that bad. We always do Magic Kingdom, so we'll just have to pick one more park or maybe skip a Disney park and do Universal or Sea World. It'll be a nice way to ease into Fast Pass Plus.

6. Beach bum

:D:eek::D:eek:

7. Beach bum

Restaurants, I can do, if it's one of the countries. Anything else, nope. Most trips, we don't even know until the night prior which park we want to go to. That's why I love WDW Lines and Disney Parks apps. Gives the wait times so we can plan that day.

8. Mish

Mish Approved members

Ditto!!

LOL. All I'm saying is that there might be actual Disney spreadsheets in my life. I always plan park days, but I think it will be fun to plan rides (right now in testing it's only 3 per day) so heck, I could do that with my eyes shut, pick our 3 favorites and not worry about when we do them. I would also pick them for at night because by then most fast passes are gone. See, I already have a plan. LOL.

9. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

Ok what what WHAT??? Tell me more please!

10. Lizzy731

Lizzy731 Approved members

Love it!!

11. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

12. Mish

Mish Approved members

It's still in testing right now, but eventually, for guests staying on a WDW property (and I believe DisneyLand properties) the new fastpass system will allow users to, in essence, make a reservation for a ride. The original fast pass system will remain in place, I believe, but this will be an added bonus.

But it's really early in the process. Who knows when it will fully roll out. But, it's also one of the reasons why having an accurate 'people' count is so important.

13. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

Did you have issues with the band and the pump? I have read that disney recommends not to use it near pumps, pacemakers, basically things that can be ruined by the ekectromagnetic rides.

14. Mish

Mish Approved members

The magic bands work with RFID. There shouldn't be any issue, but I just wouldn't put the band in your pocket with your insulin pump. (you don't have to wear it).

15. Ndiggs

Ndiggs Approved members

No issues that we could find. It seemed to work fine for us