- advertisement -

Difference between type 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kierbabi09, Dec 1, 2009.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

For one of my classes we had to do presentations and one girl did it on Obesity and fast food. She said "By eating too much fast food kids can get diabetes."
    Afterwards, when people where allowed to comment and ask questions, I raised my hand and calmly said "When you said about diabetes you did not specify whether type 1 or type 2. You were talking about type 2, and there is a big difference between the two types."
    She said to me "I know, I put about type 2 diabetes in my research paper. I didn't, for some reason, put it into my powerpoint. My presentation was not about diabetes, so I ddn't want to go into it. I'm sorry."
    It's not much, but I just wanted to share that!

2. kajumom

kajumom Approved members

Maybe not "much", but great for you to just bring it to the surface as she should be thorough and specific. Especially so others in class do not take misinformation out of her presentation into the real world and their own misunderstanding. Good job.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

That must have been aggravating - sometimes it's like beating your head against the wall trying to get folks to understand why it matters to us. Plus ... fatty foods cause Type 2, really....:rolleyes: I wonder what sort of grade she'll get with that data:cool: