- advertisement -

Diet pops...what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Izzi, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Ti'sMom

Ti'sMom Approved members

This is exactly how it works at my house, except my DS also has a cow's milk allergy so we drink Almond milk instead. There are a lot of healthy options out there, no need to put the bad stuff in our bodies, we already have enough issues!!:(

2. valos3942

valos3942 Approved members

lol. That's quite a question. In a nutshell, sodas in general are not healthy. Ultimately, if someone is use to having sodas and then find they can't have them, an alternative is helpful (like diet sodas). It is very difficult when diagnosed, feeling like you are giving up so many things. I find that the journey to being healthy is a step by step process.

3. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

I use to drink diet coke and diet 7 up but stopped when I found out they had citric acid in them which is made from corn. I now drink water only.
    I don't know what it is about the powdered drinks like Crystal Lite but I get really bad leg cramps when I try them. The same happens with the mio drinks as well. The corn allergy has completely changed my way of eating.

4. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

Its not something we keep around the house, but when at a party or out to lunch with other kids that are having juice boxes and soda, my daughter will have a diet drink. I think its fine once in a while.

Last year at this time I would have been appalled at the idea of my daughter having a diet soda. But things change:) Everything in moderation.

5. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Seltzer, seltzer with a splash of fresh juice (pomegranate, orange, grapefruit, squeeze of fresh lemon or lime....). SodaStream saves us from buying so many plastic bottles.

6. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We are loving our SodaStream:D

7. swellman

swellman Approved members

My Soda Stream advice.

Instead of adding flavor to the bottle I add a smaller amount to a glass and fill it with carbonated water. This saves waste and you can just refill and recharge the water bottle.

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Yes, that's what we do. Find that by doing this, you don't get any flavor residue in bottle (since they shouldn't go in dishwasher), and it's flavored to one's own preference.

9. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

My friend has sensitivities to it as well, cramps and joint aches from diet soda.

My nutritionalist says diet soda can interfere with absorption of vitamin D.