- advertisement -

Did anybody else walk in the JDRF Walk in Tempe?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by McKenna'smom, Oct 30, 2010.

1. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

We did our first JDRF Walk today in Tempe, Arizona. We had a small team but had a lot of fun. There must have been about 20,000 walkers! I actually got emotional and cried as we started walking, :( wishing we didn't have to be there! But, I am thankful for all the support by all the teams that raised money and walked! :)

2. CoopersMom

CoopersMom Approved members

My FIL walked there today! He said it was wonderful. :D

3. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

It was and the weather was absolutely perfect!

4. Lance

Lance Approved members

We did the ASU West walk today. Nothing to compare to since it was our first walk, but there was a pretty good crown there, too. Very emotional day, seeing all of the people out there supporting our kids. We had a great time!

5. rdhead

rdhead Approved members

I wish we would have been able to go. We had been planning on it since we first heard about it in the hospital when my son was dx'd on Oct 15th but unfortunately he caught my cold and woke up Sat morning with a fever and sore throat. Next year we will be there for sure. We are already thinking of team names and fund raising possibilities.

6. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

We went to our first walk today. It was in Austin, TX. The weather was perfect. One thing that Joseph noticed right away was you couldn't tell which people had D. I think it made him feel like it's less noticeable than he thinks. We had a great time!