- advertisement -

Diaversary. Thanks CWD!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by steph, Dec 10, 2012.

1. steph

steph Approved members

Tomorrow is the 1 year mark for us. We have successfully survived holidays, pizza, birthday parties, swimming, illnesses and many more of life's little bumps that feel kind of like major milestones in the lives of T1D parents. We were four months into D when I discovered CWD after a bad experience with our endo that left me feeling pretty freaked out and on my own and searching the internet for help. It was so nice to find this place full of helpful and caring people to guide me through my kiddo's basal adjustments, first illness, pizza spikes and just to be there for me to glean info from as I read other's posts. Last year the new DX kind of put a damper on Christmas. It was a scary whirlwind of new info, and we were just focused on surving the holidays, not really enjoying them. But this year is totally different. Filled with cookies, amusement parks, gingerbread men, santa and all the stuff we skipped last year. Just wanted to say thanks for the support. The CWD family is pretty awesome. :cwds:

To all the families with a newly diagnosed cwd, just know that things get easier to manage, confidence increases, panic decreases, and there will always be people willing to help if you just ask. Merry Christmas, everyone!

2. MelissaAL

MelissaAL Approved members

:) We are nearing the 9 month mark; kinda crazy to look back over the last year and see what we have accomplished.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Congratulations! Hope there's something good for dessert tonight!:)

4. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

Congratulations. We just passed the one year mark ourselves. It is a relief in a way. Let's just keep repeating....it will only get better, it will only get better, it will only get better! :)

5. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

Congrats! We just passed DD's 3rd year diaversary.