- advertisement -

Diasend Uploader problems?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Has anyone tried to download in the last few days? Today I tried to download from both the Ping meter and pump and several times I got transmission failed. Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems. Of course when I need to send all the data to the doc, it fails:p

2. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

We've been uploading daily at the moment wtihout any problems...

3. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

No issues here but I use the international one (for the dexcom). You could try that if you can't get the US one to work.

4. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

Do you have xfinity/comcast cable provider? Do you use their router/modem combo box.? I had major problems up loading DD's ping about a month ago. It turned out it was a port permission issue.
    This is from the diasend site in their faq page...
    There could be some networking problems. Start with verifying that the computer can reach the Internet and diasend.com by surfing into diasend.com using a web browser. If this seems to work, and if you’re behind a firewall, please contact your local network provider and ask them to make sure that ports 80 and 55715 are open for outgoing TCP traffic.
    Note: to be able to use the diasend.com website from your web browser, port 443 will also need to be open. This port is not used by Uploader, only the website.

I hope that helps. :cwds:

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Thanks for this info.
    I did call Diasend and they think that it could be a possible software problem from the meter/pumps end. I'm going to first verify that all is working with the network and then will work through with Animas if all else fails. Of course the pump and meter go to school, so short of me going and sitting in the school to try and work on all this, I have to wait until late afternoon!

6. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

I forgot to mention that when we first started having problems uploading to diasend I was using an old laptop with windows XP on it. I ended up purchasing a new latop that uses windows 8. I got an error message that said I needed a new IRC cable cord because the one we had was not capable of uploading from a computer operating on win 8. I had to contact Animas and pay $75 for a new cord! I was pretty miffed shelling out more $ to a company that was already profiting from my kid's busted pancreas. Paying them for a stupid cord to upload my DDs pump was just plain ol' ridiculous! The cust serv rep said that if I had purchased our pump after oct of 2012 I wouldn't have to pay...we got her pump in Feb of '12.....UGH!

Good luck getting you data uploaded!

7. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Bumping this thread. Anyone using diasend? I love it! My endo loves it! I can upload the Dex easily but the t:slim takes multiple tries and right now I'm not successful and I'm irritated. I tried turning offing the firewall to no avail. Anyone else have any success?

8. dianas

dianas Approved members

Did you set up a new account for the TSlim? You won't be able to upload your TSlim using an Animas account.

9. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

I got it working by redownloading the uploader and selecting International on install rather than US (per Meg's suggestion). It works (for the time being). I never had an Animas account, only created a Diasend account once I knew it worked for both Dex and tslim. So awesome to have the data all in one place!