- advertisement -

Diagnosis and level question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blufickle, Mar 9, 2012.

1. tiger7lady

tiger7lady Approved members

1) When your child were diagnosed: Feb 10, 2010

2) What was your child's blood sugar level: 379

2) How long was your child in the hospital about: No hospitalization

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

1) July 6th 2007
    2) In the 700s I think, definitely over 600
    3) Full time for the weekend, and then for a couple days after that I went in for the day and was allowed home to sleep (I don't react well to strange environments, I didn't sleep for the night that I was in hospital) and then my D nurse came to my house for my 2 shots of premix for the next couple of days.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Abby June 2005
    Age 4 and 1 month
    BG was in the 700's
    Hospital stay was 3 days

4. diabeticmeg

diabeticmeg Approved members

1) 2/4/10 at age 25. (the day my husband planned to propose - don't worry he did the next day :D )
    2) 489
    3) no hospitalization

5. manda81

manda81 Approved members

1) When you were diagnosed April 4, 2008, he was 2

2) What was your blood sugar level 1250

2) How long were you in the hospital 5 days in ICU (he was in a coma, and they were monitoring brain swelling), 2 in a standard room

6. Pooh's Mom

Pooh's Mom Approved members

When my child was diagnosed? March 22, 2012 at age 2 yrs 7 months

What was your child's BG? 492 at pcp office; 514 at Children's hour later

How many days in the hospital? 4 days 3 nights

7. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

My son was diagnosed 11/30/11, Age 5
    His level at diagnoses was 720
    We went to local ER at 6:00 p.m. After the local ER got his level down from 720 to 210 with just IV saline over several hours, we were sent by ambulance to a university pediatric hospital at 2:00 a.m. and stayed there getting our crash course training until 10:00 p.m. Interestingly enough, the pediatric endocrinologists at that university hospital do not let you leave until you go before the their panel and answer a never ending series of "what if" questions so they can make sure you can care for your child...excellent!

8. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

1) March 28, 2005 had just turned 12
    2) BG at peds office not taken (she could tell My BG was high by my breath), BG at local hospital ER (HI), BG at regional military hospital (636)
    3) 4 days, 4 nights. They don't like to send newly diagnosed home with ketones, those took 3 days to get to small. And some of my labs were out of range and they had to be slowly corrected. I did training during the day.

9. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac Approved members

1) September 21: 1997
    2) BG level was 246
    3) hospitalized for a week

10. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

1. November, 2007 (age 3)
    2. I haven't the foggiest idea. I'm always surprised that everyone knows this but me. You could have told me it was 2 or 40,000, and since I had no frame of reference, it wouldn't have stuck with me. That being said, I don't think they ever told me.
    3. Two nights in the hospital.

11. emm142

emm142 Approved members

1. July 6th 2007
    2. Not sure. It was over 600 when tested at the doctor's office, but I don't remember what the precise number they gave me in the hospital was.. I feel like it was over 700 but I don't remember that well.
    3. I was admitted on Friday, and didn't sleep on either of the nights I spent in hospital (I have issues :rolleyes:) and I was extremely emotional, so by Sunday night when I was out of the woods they let me go home for the night, and come back during the day on Monday. And then for the rest of the week my D nurse visited me at my house to continue with education. So I was sort of in for 4 days and 2 nights (I think it was 2 nights :confused:), but my education continued throughout the next week. Honestly I was so sick I remember crying a lot and basically just going home whenever they let me.

12. GlendainGA

GlendainGA New Member

My son was diagnosed July 26, 2010

BS at diagnosis 506

He spent 2-1/2 days in the hospital.

13. Airforceboi

Airforceboi New Member

1) When you were diagnosed (March 20, 2012 age of 15)

2) What was your blood sugar level (936)

2) How long were you in the hospital (4-5 days)

14. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

Diagnosed November 7, 2009
    BG 150 a1c 7.4
    No hospital as she was diagnosed type 2 with BG 200 and instantly put on insulin, but not tested for antibodies until I would not stop about her not fitting type 2. Positive all three tests our bad she type 1 she was just beginning. What here is called honeymooning.

15. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

BG 250
    A1C 12.3
    2 days/nights in hospital/no DKA

16. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

-- Diagnosed at 8 years old, Labor Day Weekend 1994...
    -- Blood sugar was somewhere around 750... 756 sounds right...
    -- My dad got a call a bit after dinner from the pediatrician telling him that he had to take me to the hospital right away. I was told years later that my mom wasn't home at the time (I had completely forgotten that detail), so there was apparently some drama that I missed while I was creating my own, throwing a temper tantrum trying to refuse to go to the hospital. Spent a full 5 days and 5 nights in the hospital and then another week home from school to get insulin, ratios, etc. straightened out...

17. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

November 12, 2009

My son was diagnosed November 12, 2009. (he was 2 1/2 at the time).

Blood sugar was 680 or so. They thought we caught it early. A1C was around 8. No DKA

Hospitalized only 2 days - my husband (his dad) has been type one for 30 years so docs/nurses were comfortable with our level of knowledge of carb counting and diabetes. We were ahead of the curve that way.

I wish I knew my husbands statistics, but he was diagnosed when he was 8 - now he is 42. No idea about any of the other things - but I think he stayed in the hospital about a week.

18. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

1. September 22, 2008 (age 4)

2. You're not the only one!!;) No one ever said...I was too zoned out to ask. But I do remember my sister (another D mom, who was at the hospital with us) saying..."Oh, that's not too bad." We were told we caught it "early." My son was not sick in the least, just drinking and peeing a lot. He did vomit in preschool once the day of dx. I'm still curious what his BG and A1c were.

3. 3 nights in hospital. My son loved it (since he wasn't really sick) except for all the poking. He asked if it was his birthday since everyone was visiting and bringing presents. He loved watching the city from his window...especially the train tracks right outside. The elevator, the great hospital cafeteria...if it weren't for the darn D, he would've thought it was a great vacation!!:rolleyes:

19. Williamsville mommy

Williamsville mommy Approved members

Dx 12/19/2011 at age 2 1/2
    Blood sugar 326
    Hospital. 4 days

20. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

My son was diagnosed April 22, 2010. He was 8 years old.

Bg was around 778 in our doctor's clinic. We were sent to the hospital right away.

He was positive for many (possibly all but celiac) antibodies...including thyroid. His records say, "Beginning stages of DKA."

We were in the hospital 2 nights and 3 days.