- advertisement -

Diabulimia

Discussion in 'Teens' started by gigi, Feb 3, 2010.

1. gigi

gigi New Member

Has anyone deealt with diabulimia ??

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Diabulimia is very serious and potentially life threatening.

If you know someone who is struggling with diabulimia, please encourage them to speak with their parents and their doctor about it right away.

3. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

nevr heard of it, but ive been through ketoasidoses b4, it made me feel like crap, if u dont kno wat it is, its wen ur bg goes up, doesnt go down and u hav lots of ketones, i had it twice in the same week, first wen i was camping and i ran out of testing strips, my mom thot it was the flu(we'd nevr herd of this b4 my check up), she wouldnt let me hav water cuz she thot id get overhydrated, turns out i needed water, cuz of the ketones, then i got it again, got betterish and felt very hungry which caused weakness, like id be hyper, get up and then need to sit, not sick weak, turn out i was going into a coma, but that was last summer, im fine now and kno how to treat ketoasidoses, and made this entirely about me...oops, but if u evr go through ketoasidoses, drink lots of water, if ur on the pump, change ur set, u may not b gettin the insulin u need, and give urself a shot, check ur blood evry half hour or hour, and keep a bowl nearby, no doubt u will puke, i did both times i got it

4. mustangamanda8

mustangamanda8 Approved members

Yes,
    i was for a long time..and i honestly think that i really screwed myself over beacuse of it..
    so please if you know anyone who is, have them get help right away!
    its not fun, you always feel like crap cuz ur high..
    :/

5. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

Unfortunately, yes...

6. Briar-Rose

Briar-Rose Approved members

Yes...it's a slippery slope.

7. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Not Diabuliema but I did an eating disorder please this is not something to take LIGHTLY please reach out for help. if you need someone to talk to feel free to message me.