- advertisement -

Diabetes T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Fundraising Activities' started by delvec, Mar 2, 2006.

1. delvec

delvec Approved members

Hey for those who wanna make a statement, I created a T Shirt shop that focuses on Diabetes related T-Shirt designs. Its called DiabetesShirts (I know shoulda been DiabetesTShirts) but anyway, have a look and give any feedback, ideas, criticisms etc. I've been looking for something different to raise money and figured I was creative enough to come up with some ideas and just hope people would like them. And just so ya know- this isnt a business. I plan on donating the profits I draw from this to my local JDRF.

Thanks for your time

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

3. delvec

delvec Approved members

not a bad idea-
    Thanks for the info

4. Red (aus)

Red (aus) Approved members

I love too many of them to choose!!

5. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I like the insulin army shirts.

6. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

I do not like the idea of having the web site on the back, but other than that I love the shirts

7. delvec

delvec Approved members

Thanks- I had fun doing them. I always was into military stuff. I just kringed justifying myself doing the blue one- but then I remembered the Movie Street Fighter and the UN troops had blue. (actually I cant believe I remembered that movie)

Thanks but the reallity is I have to get the word out. More shirts plugging the site means more shirts sold- more sold=more money and more money means more to research. I wore mine last week and someone stopped me to read my front because they noticed the website on the back. My only regret is the actual name- Wish I put more thought into it with something like curediabetesnow or soemthing like that.

Sorry havent been around much but did noticed some from this thread did visit the site so I figured I would try and make time to come back.

8. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

The only "advertising" t shirts I will buy are the ones that advertise CWD, and they're much cheaper too, although I love all your t shirts EXCEPT the advertising. Sorry

9. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

We have a family team walking the end of September for the first time. My son is newly diagnosed. I really wanted to have t-shirts for everyone, but struggled with the thought "instead of putting $150 into the team t-shirts put it towards finding a cure!"

Well, I have come up with a good solution. I bought long sleeve t-shirts at Hobby Lobby for $5.99 per shirt. I purchased the Avery iron on transfers that can be printed from a deskjet. So basically I'm creating team t-shirts for a really reasonable price. Just thought I'd share this idea. Perhaps it's been discussed - I'm new. :)

10. delvec

delvec Approved members

Thats cool- Im glad people like them. I certainly would love to have them cheaper but unfortunately, the company that does this for me charges a high base rate. I just make the designs and basically market the product. (and by marketing I mean letting people know) I figured since I am allowed to add an additional image on the back at no additional charge, I might as well put where to get it. Im sure I could get the guy that does my Walk shirts and shell out a ton of money to keep costs down- but this isnt a business for me- just something I could do to make a difference. Plus the fact I could place one design on a variety of products.

I didnt see where the CWD shirts are even located. Are they still available? I know when we got our bracets something stopped my wife from getting a few (whether it was not having the $ or not in stock, I dont recall)

11. BernFarr

BernFarr Approved members

DiabetesShirts seems to have gone?

I think someone may have taken the domain name.

Now it looks like just a series of Google Ads.

On a T-shirt related thing, I'm looking for ideas for T-shirt slogans. Have a look at my blog post about Diabetes Attitude.

12. delvec

delvec Approved members

Yes unfortunately I let the domain expire. There were 3 or 4 different domains pointing to the same cafepress shop, Id figured Id keep it simple. So now the same store can be accessed through type1parents.org with some clever shirt ideas, I think.

13. kimis

kimis New Member

Tshirts

How about decorating the free shirts from JDRF. We brought sharpies and signed them. My daughter still wears it.