- advertisement -

Diabetes Specialty Center

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Megnyc, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Has anyone ordered from them before?

I am seriously losing my mind over here dealing with them to get a dexcom. They have had insurance approval for well over a week (literally 12 hours after I got new insurance that covered CGM-- this isn't an insurance issue) and still haven't managed to ship the thing. First, they had my last name spelled wrong on some document and then they had the town I lived in spelled wrong (how does one spell "New York" wrong???) so the shipping place sent it back. Every day they promise to ship it and then everyday there is a new problem.

Would it be crazy to ask them to pay for overnight shipping at this point? It should have been here last week and it is still sitting in their warehouse in Utah. I'm supposed to go to training at the endo on Wednesday which clearly isn't going to happen at this point.

2. mocha

mocha Approved members

I use them to get my Dexcom sensors, and I haven't really had problems with them.

Sorry they're being jerks with you, though.

I don't think it'd be unreasonable for them to pay for overnight shipping. They've messed up, multiple times. They need to make it up to you.

3. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

We deal with them and haven't had any issues. I would ask them to ship overnight. Tell them you have the training on wed and you expected it to have it in your hand already.

4. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

It is sent out. I insisted on staying on the phone with the rep and the shipping department until they had stuck a shipping label on it (with the correct address :rolleyes:) and gotten it to UPS. I checked the tracking number to ensure they had actually done so. It should be here in 3 business days.

ETA: Missing the training isn't really a big deal. I have already used the dexcom in the past. It is just the new policy to require the "CGM Class" at my endo's office but now I guess I have an excuse not to attend ;)

5. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

I have been working with them to get my daughter's Dex since last week. Not really all that impressed. First they didn't call me back after I had left 2 messages. Then when I finally talked to the Rep, he said he didn't have the RX. I told him the endo sent the RX to Dexcom in order to process insurance. He told me they don't need a RX to process insurance. After lots of debate and phone calls, it was supposed to be shipped on Friday. Haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed.