advertisement

Diabetes Camps in NZ

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by KazzieReed, Jan 24, 2010.

1. KazzieReed

KazzieReed New Member

Hi Everyone
    I've just joined up to let you all know about my Camping Thing...
    Some of you know me already so you'll already know what I'm up to, but for those of you who don't, I'm on a mission to improve the diabetes camping situation in New Zealand.

To further this I have set up a private forum for discussions and on-line meetings, sharing of info/documents etc.... and I'm now thinking of holding a meeting in the North Island (probably Rotorua since that's where I am) to establish a steering committee to see where we go to from here... If there's anyone here that would like to know more or get involved then send me a PM or I can post more if there's a general concencus of 'interest' ??
    Many thanks.

Karen

I've had Type 1 for 29+ yrs since the age of 10, and am a parent, but no diabetes in the kids as of yet. My Dad, his brother, and his sister all have Type1 so there's definitely a family thing going on. My background (in the UK) is in medical research & medical writing; I'm now currently president of Diabetes NZ Rotorua.... Just in case you are wondering who I am...