- advertisement -

Diabetes Binder

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by diabeteskid, Sep 25, 2010.

1. diabeteskid

diabeteskid Approved members

I was wounding what the parents have in their teens diabetes binder. I would like to kown what is in their diabetes binder.

2. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

I use a computer program Ezmax for Ping: So we print out the weeks worth of bg numbers, carb counts, TDD, alarms, suspend mode, type of basal setting used, and all meter settings.
    Sometimes if I am stumped I will use the graphs. Rarely do I print those out...I will save most of this on our hard drive.

Then in the binder we have Sickness treatment guide..haven't used it yet! (crossing fingers)

And a printed list of carb factors for the scale.

Otherwise its pretty plain....she put in her JDRF crew pictures in the Front sleeve to decorate the cover

3. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

the binder that we got at the hospital has sick day managment and the basic tranning material they went over with us in the hospital (not all of it) we used to have log sheets in there but now use a planner as a log book. we bring it with us to the endo and write notes in it if needed. we have buisness cards for her docs and things like that in there. yup thats our diabetes binder, you should see the cabnet for d :eek:

4. Boo

Boo Approved members

Binder? We don't have a binder. Is this just something you keep at home, or at school? We've been at this for 7 years, and have lots of diabetes related stuff filling lots of cabinet space. I tape the important stuff to the insides of the cabinet that houses his pump supplies (like log sheets, emergency information).

5. Brandi's mom

Brandi's mom Approved members

I have a binder that I keep all her medical stuff in, her test results, any info the doc gives out, I even have her hospital discharge papers in there.