- advertisement -

Dexcom

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mamamccoy87, Dec 8, 2014.

1. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

In the process of getting dexcom for dd - she has finally had enough of the swinging blood sugars and their effects to agree to a cgm :smile: would like to try the dexshare as well for possibly better nights sleep. I see that they recommend the belly and bum for sites - does anyone wear theirs anywhere else?

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Back of the arm worked well as a sensor but it didn't play nice with sports bras so we mostly use the belly. Kerri of 6 Until Me uses her thighs but I have yet to press that one.

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

My DD has only worn hers on the back of the arm since we first tried it there about 5-6 years ago. She hated her stomach.

4. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Emma wears hers exclusively on the back of her arms. I've tried to get her to try her abdomen but no luck.

5. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

We must be lucky,Sophie will wear a site or sensor anywhere. Her favorite is the back of the arm,but tummy,bum and thigh work as well. The problem with thigh sensors are she has pulled at a few pulling up her pants

6. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

Thanks for the replies! When dd wore the medtronic sensor she wore on the back of her arm. She doesnt' want to use her tummy and her bum is the pump site area.