- advertisement -

Dexcom Transmitter

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by suz, May 29, 2011.

1. suz

suz Approved members

Hi there,

We've had Dexcom for about 14 months now. Am I correct in thinking that the transmitter usually dies around this time? Can anyone tell me how you know when it's done - does it just stop working, or give a specific error message or what?

We put a new sensor in a couple of days ago, then this afternoon we got Sensor Error #1, followed by ???. We tried leaving it as it sometimes corrects itself, but no-go so we put a new sensor in before bed. I've now stayed up waaaaaay later than I normally do, and the new sensor has gone straight to ???. I've stopped and restarted again, hoping that will clear it.

I guess I'm just wondering if this is the end of our transmitter's life and if we're going to have to dig deep and shell out the $500 or whatever for a new one? :( Our receiver died just before the 12 month warranty expired, so we got that replaced for free - I guess I shouldn't complain too much :p

2. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

Ours just died after 18 months - we got mostly "out of range" and rarely got a number that was close to his real blood sugar number.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

ours is still working after buying it in May 2009. Crazy

4. lmf1122

lmf1122 Approved members

Our transmitter has also lasted over two years now.

5. etringali

etringali Approved members

haven"t had any trouble with transmitters, but we're on our 3rd or 4th receiver now.

6. Mom2Kathy

Mom2Kathy Approved members

We've had ours for over a year and no issues so far. I think the ???'s are more likely sensor-related, not transmitter problems. The transmitter is going bad if you get "no signal" icons even if it's within range. That's what I've been told by CS at Dexcom anyway.

7. Kayeecee

Kayeecee Approved members

When we hit the one year anniversary with Dexcom, the distributor, Edgepark (I have UHC) contacted me, told me that the Dex was out of warranty and we got a new transmitter and receiver for the co-pay. You might want to check your warranty and your insurance coverage. I'm expecting another call at the end of this year, too!