advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexcom tape allergy - ?workable dressings to protect skin

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by suej, Nov 18, 2015.

1. suej

suej Approved members

Hi, Ben has developed allergy to Dexcom tape. Other than tough pads (do not ship here, am working on it) what alternative dressings work for your children and do you cut out a hole for the sensor?
    Thank you
    Sue

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

My skin just gets mildly irritated with Dexcom. I've found a thick layer of Skin Prep sufficient for me. That may be a good starting point, if you haven't already tried it.

I like Opsite Flexifit over it. It would be very easy to try under it as well. I know people who go through toughpads insert directly through them, so with a thinner dressing you certainly could.

3. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

We use tough pad with our dexcom, and we insert directly through it, no problem.

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

If tough pads aren't an option, what about another hydrocolloid dressing like duoderm?

5. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

6. suej

suej Approved members

Meg you are a star, so preoccupied with ??? I forgot to look at ebay. Will order stat :angel: And thank you so much for the video. The hydrocolloid dressing we were using may just not work as is different to tough pad which many users are happy with. Thank you, thank you

And I will investigate duoderm - does anyone use it successfully? also not readily available here but with friends like you lot, will make a plan, thank you

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015