- advertisement -

Dexcom Studio Gotcha

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sszyszkiewicz, Dec 30, 2015.

1. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

I am so annoyed at myself. I really wanted to dig into my kids numbers tonight. I have not done it in a while, but in the last week or two it seems like there have been changes. We are correcting alot. Lots of temp baslas (130%, 150%) so basals are leaping up. I am on defense, not offense, and tonight I was going to go on offense. i was getting my d-dad attitude in gear and i was going to wage war against Mr T1D, that interloper.

So I fire up Dexcom studio.
    Plug in the receiver.
    "no receiver attached"

hmmmmm

Change the cable.

Same thing

Click on:
    Tools->Drivers for Dexcom receivers->Install driver for All other Dexcom Receivers
    It recognizes the receiver! Woohoo!

I start looking at the reports and there is NO DATA after 10/1/2015. I check the receiver and the receiver thinks it is 12/30/2014, not 12/30/2015. So I use Dexcom Studio and slide back to 12/30/2014 and sure enough there is INTERMITTENT data between 10/1/2014 and 12/30/2014.

What a mess. So basically I have a completely wrecked file.

So I am annoyed and I click on
    Tools->Reset Receiver Database

i get a warning that it will reset the database. I click ok.
    The receiver reboots!
    Upon turning itself on I notice that it requires that I do a sensor start!

So for my effort:
    - I don't have the trends I need,
    - I have lost like a years worth of data,
    - and the coup de grace My kid has to poke his finger twice again in a couple of hours

grrrrrr.

2. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Aargh!! Frustrating!

We too have been reactive rather than proactive this vacation. Is it the extra TV time? The lack of walking to school/recess/routine? I'm guessing. Our TDD is through the roof and I have not slept though the night in a week. I feel your pain.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Fwiw we never stick twice for the double calibration - same drop, two strips, two different numbers

4. forHisglory

forHisglory Approved members

I feel incredibly dumb. Why didn't I think of that???

Edit: in fact, we never do a double calibration. I just do one fingerstick and enter the same number twice because I wanted to avoid poking him twice.

5. Sprocket

Sprocket Approved members

For normal calibrations every 12 hours we've been using two strips, one drop of blood and averaging the two numbers. I don't know if it helps to be more accurate - we're just newbies.