- advertisement -

Dexcom Signal Loss and Restarting sensor

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by susanlindstrom16, Sep 1, 2016.

1. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

So my daughters sensor was on for a week and due for a restart. I stopped and started the sensor and before the 2 hours was up, she went over to a neighbor's house and left the receiver at home. So now its had signal loss for an hour. DO I just "stop sensor" and then start it up again once she gets home? or are you not able to stop and start more than once? Or should I just wait till she gets back in range and see what it does?

2. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Wait and see what it does. It may be fine! If not restart. Yes, you can start and stop as many times as you need. The receiver thinks it's a new sensor each time. Good luck!

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Just be careful not to hit "Shut down" instead of "Stop" before re-starting.

4. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

thanks guys! When she came home for lunch and the receiver and sensor found each other, we got the 2 blood drops sign and its been fine ever since. Good to know!