- advertisement -

Dexcom share advice needed!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by katerinas, Mar 18, 2015.

1. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

I need your advise as I am not sure how things work in the US. So we have dexcom for almost two years now. We leave in GREECE so I had to order it from another European country, no problem there! We pay everything from our pocket. We bought the First Dexcom and about 7-8 months ago we bought a second one as he was going to the US with his team and I wanted him to have a back up. The First dexcom started shutting down and on the screne appearred " contact the distributor" we were told to re set it a few times, it does work but I cant TRUST it, so 2 months ago we started using the second one. One week ago I realized that it makes no noise!!! That explains why 3 times during the night he was very low for a long time and I never woke up! He woke up thankfully feeling horrible! this is the story!
    My question: he is going to the US in 5 days for a month and I would really like to get him the NEW receiver, do you think we will have to pay again the full amount? How can I go about it?
    Thanks!

2. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

Since it is in warranty, he can upgrade for $199.00, but only through the month of April. But since the alarms are not working, that would be free replacement. They likely would replace with the non Share receiver. The Share won't work in Greece though, I don't think.

3. katerinas

Thanks for the reply! I think as with the icloud the NEW dex can work anywhere. I think..

4. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I don't think you are going to be able to get a "Share" receiver as a replacement for your current receiver bought in Europe. My suggestion would be to contact your distributor and get a warranty replacement for the in warranty receiver you have.

If you want to get a Share receiver in the US you will need a physician in the US to fill out and sign this form (https://www.dexcom.com/sites/dexcom...ted/docs/certificate_of_medical_necessity.pdf) and fax it to the US based dexcom office and then pay with a credit card. I'm not sure what the out of pocket cost of a receiver in the US is. It looks like it is around $550 but there may be discounts available if you are paying out of pocket. If you post where your son will be in the US people here might have suggestions as to a doctor who will see your son and sign the CMN.

5. katerinas

Thanks! I did contact the distributor in Europe and they said that if I send it back they will send me a NEW one. Just in case that we decide to go ahead and buy the share, I will need a doctor near Palm Beach area. Know anybody?