- advertisement -

Dexcom sensor location

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Budapest, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Budapest

Budapest Approved members

Hi,

The MM sensor we have been wearing on the arm for the longest time. I read that the Dex is officially approved only on the abdomen in a horizontal position.

Does it work / is it recommended that it is worn on the upper arm? Does it really make a difference if it is worn horizontally or vertically?

Thanks.
    PS: We are still waiting for insurance approval.

2. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

We are on day 16 on the sensor vertical on the upper arm. The accuracy is great. Enough said.

3. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

We have worn(including me) sensors on the belly, butt(preferred area for my daughter) and arms.
    The only thing we noticed is with the butt placement we get best results with the sensor facing away from the "crack" area:eek:. We frequently get on average 21 days from a sensor on the butt.
    Good luck.
    Allene

4. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

My DD prefers the back of the arms. I agree that ours work better on the lower back if we insert them outward toward the hip.

We don't do belly sensors anymore. Accuracy wasn't great. The wear and tear was worse so the sensors would fail or fall off sooner. And sometimes she'd be uncomfortable.

5. alismom

alismom Approved members

We use upper arm, vertical. Never have used the abdomen. Great accuracy and usually over two weeks per sensor.

6. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

We do the same!