- advertisement -

Dexcom Rash

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Mar 24, 2016.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Just in case someone has a Dexcom Rash and needs ideas, there is a Facebook group called Dexcom Rash that has different ways people have solved this.

My younger one tried on and off since 2008 to wear Dexcom. SO from Navigator to Dexcom back to Navigator to Enlite. We are finally back on Dexcom. Nice having both kids on the same sensor. It was not until last year we used Flonase and Tough Pad together. It solved our problems.

2. msschiel

msschiel Approved members

Thanks for this tip. My son has always had very sensitive skin and says that his dexcom gets itchy after about a week. I would like to get longer out of the sensor since we pay for those OOP. The opsite tape seems to irritate him as well.

3. blufickle

blufickle Approved members

I am allergic to most adhesives. I've found however that I can use IV3000 without any problems. What I do is I first use an alcohol pad and cleanse the area, then I cut out an area on the pad so the Dexcon sensor can go into my body. Then I put the IV3000 on. Next I put Skin Tact on top of the IV3000. I wait until that is tacky then I make sure the hole is lined up with the sensor input and I put on the sensor. I'm pretty sick with bronchitis so I hope this makes sense.