- advertisement -

Dexcom randomly shutting off

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Chippy28, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

Over the past week my Dexcom will randomly shut down. When I turn it back on the readings remain. Today this happened twice. Anyone have this happen? Is it possibly a winter static issue? Or is this a bigger issue with my receiver?

2. jan123

jan123 Approved members

I would call Dexcom!:(

Janice

3. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

Never had that happen. I would call Dexcom definitely. The electronics may be messed up, thinking you are turning it off when you're not. You rely on that for info and alarms, if it is shutting off without warning that is not good! It can't alarm if it is off!

4. Diana

Diana Approved members

This has happened to us several times. Each time the receiver eventually died - not always right away though.

5. Chippy28

Thanks for the info. The plan was to call Dexcom today, but I completely forgot.

I am hoping it is just a static thing. It is super cold and dry here in Michigan and everything I touch seems to shock me. My receiver seems to only shut down when I pick it up or just after I put it down. I really hope it doesn't die on me. I haven't taken it off since I got it last April and I don't intend to stop using it anytime soon!!

I'll update everyone once I speak with Dexcom.

6. Chippy28

I spoke with Dexcom today. Apparently this is an issue that they are aware of and are investigating. They aren't sure why the receiver is randomly shutting off. However, they are replacing my receiver and it should be here by Thursday.

7. Diana

Diana Approved members

Well, our receiver reinitialized out of the blue yesterday. Hopefully, it was just a random thing and not a sign of things to come. We've had this one 3 1/2 months - that's a pretty good stretch for us. Perhaps my little CGM gremlins are waking up from their winter's nap.

8. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We have had this happen a couple of times.

9. Chippy28

Unfortunately, this is how my issues started. This happened a couple of times over the past couple of months and eventually it stopped reinitializing. I hope this is not the case for you.