- advertisement -

Dexcom Question

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by MLH, Jun 20, 2015.

1. MLH

MLH Approved members

I have what I hope is a quick Dexcom question.

My daughter wears the Dex with Share. Is there any way to set up her iPhone to alarm when she is low or high? Right now only the receiver alarms, as does my phone. The problem is she sleeps through the Dex alarms. We thought we would try iPhone alarms.

Thank you!

2. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

She can follow herself and get the same alarms you do. She needs the follow app

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

My daughter has both the Share and Follow apps on her phone for when she's away. On nights at home, she often turns it off or sets her limits high and low, as do I on my phone. The receiver is enough alarms to silence in the night, especially as they start triggering at different times depending on how the alarm thresh holds are set. We do like having the option to have it running, though, for back-up for me on nights we're concerned about me sleeping through alarms so that we both have it. She likes to be able to turn it on if she wakes in the middle of the night and wants to see her BG but the receiver is in my room.

She's much better about waking to it when she's away from home. There's also the seismeter app as an option if the Follow alone or with a phone call doesn't work.