- advertisement -

Dexcom G4 en route to our house!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Jen_in_NH, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

I'm so excited you'd think it was Christmas :)

Now I need to figure out how to use it, but I'm betting between my husband and I, we can work it out.

Thanks everyone who gave us advice and moral support on dealing with our endo's office to get this approved. The new doc were seeing in the practice was pretty open to it, but I think the CDE might have told her we were transferring if we didn't get her approval...... Either way, it worked!

2. VikkiMum

VikkiMum Approved members

Let us know how you get on with it! The G4 is heading our way also and I too am so excited!
    X

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

it will be life changing. We did a trial when my dd was 4.5 and I did not want to give it back, I actually bought OOP another sensor so that I could put our paperwork in for it. It came quick, and she has been on it nealy 24/7 for almost 4 years.

4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

By the end of the first day, you'll wonder how you ever survived without it. It is such a game changer.

It's not hard. I was shaking with the first insertion, but I just managed to have one done start to finish in 57 seconds. (see other thread)

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We are on week two, and it is fascinating to see how it's working! Overall, it's pretty easy to use, the insertion is the hardest, and it's really not that bad. We use this video, it was a lifesaver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDGkHrAfVYw

Good luck!